JGridstart/Help/Import certificate from browser
Sometimes you may want to renew a certificate that is not picked up automatically by jGridstart. That may be the case when your certificate is located on a different computer, or when it is installed in the web browser only (jGridstart only recognizes Globus-type certificates). In these cases, you need to import the certificate into jGridstart before you can renew it.
Exporting certificate from a web browser
If your certificate is present in your web browser, you need to export it to a PKCS#12 file first. This procedure is different for each browser and operating system, but some pointers are provided here.
- Mozilla Firefox: (as explaind here and here)
- Open Mozilla browser
- In the main menu clickTools->Options. Options window will appear:
- Select "Advanced" section
- Click "Manage Certificates"
- In "Cetrificates Manager" window select "Your Certificates" tab
- From the list of certificates select the certificate you want to backup and click "Backup"
- Enter a file name to backup and click "Save"
- Enter your password for the Software Security Device and click "Ok"
- Choose a certificate backup password and click "Ok"
- Internet Explorer: (as explained here)
- Run Internet Explorer
- Menu Tools -> Internet Options
- Select Tab Content -> Click Certificates
- Select Tab Personal
- Select your certificate
- Click Export -> Click Next
- Select Yes Export the Private Key -> Click Next
- Select Enable strong protection -> Click Next
- Type in a password and DO NOT FORGET IT -> Click Next
- Select a filename (cert.p12) to save your certificate to -> Click Next
- Click Finish
When you have obtained a .p12 file, import it into jGridstart as explained here, though its last step, installation of the certificate into your web browser, is not needed here.
Importing from a different computer
If your certificate is on a different computer, you need to obtain a copy of it in PKCS#12 or PEM format (for the latter, make sure to copy both userkey.pem and usercert.pem), and import them into jGridstart.
Please see also copy certificate.