HOWTO set up gLExec on the worker node
This guide will help you make a choice in deployment and configuration for gLExec on the worker node on your site.
Prerequisite is that you already have a Grid site, including a Compute Element (LCG-CE and/or CREAM-CE) and worker nodes. For more general guidelines for site setup and configuration, see the gLite documentation.
It is recommended to set up a central authorization service, either
- Set up gLExec for Argus, which is the recommended solution (but see the checklist below), or
- Set up gLExec with SCAS, in some special cases as described below
Check if any of the following apply.
- my site makes use of third party plug-ins for LCMAPS
- You could still try to set up gLExec for Argus, and configure the LCMAPS plug-in for use with gLExec. If the plug-in should be run centrally, set up gLExec with SCAS instead.
- My site uses the LDAP enforcement plug-in for LCMAPS
- Set up gLExec with SCAS, and configure SCAS to use the ldap_enf plug-in. You can call Argus in the LCMAPS chain when Argus is configured without credential mapping.
- Users are authorised through secondary group mappings
- As Argus doesn't support secondary group mappings, set up gLExec with SCAS instead. You can call Argus in the LCMAPS chain when Argus is configured without credential mapping.
- I need a site-wide centralized authorization service, for the CEs as well as the WNs
- The tested option in this case is SCAS, but Argus should work as well; configure CREAM for use with SCAS.
- I've tried Argus and I found a problem
- Report a bug on Argus; if the problem is a show stopper, try SCAS as a (temporary) alternative.