Opening a remote X-window from a windows machine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A terminal (I personally use Ubuntu, which can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft store).
- An X-Server (I use VcXsrv (https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcxsrv/) by recommendation of Noor Koster).
- Launch the X-server
- Open the terminal and connect it to the X-server by typing source setup.sh (setup.sh is a script that you created in one of the first steps and contains one line of code, namely export DISPLAY=localhost:0)
- Connect to the Nikhef environment by typing ssh -X -Y <username>@login.nikhef.nl and enter using your password
- Connect to the Stoomboot cluster by typing ssh -X -Y j<username>@stbc-i1 and enter using your password