NDPF Dell OpenManage SA Installation
Location of the Software
All files for the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator software version 5.1 can be found on the NDPF web site at http://www.nikhef.nl/grid/ndpf/files/. You need the OM_5.1_ManNode_LIN_A00.tar.gz bundle and extract it on the local machine.
- Extract the tar-ball to local disk, e.g. in /tmp
- Install the kernel-source RPM for the currently running kernel
- Add the word "Taroon" to /etc/redhat-release, or modify the detection script in prereqcheck/ to recognise CentOS.
- from the "linux/supportscript" directory, run srvadmin-install.sh -x
- (re)start the service with srvadmin-services.sh restart
The RPMs for RHEL3 i386 have been copied to stal and added as a repository ("openmanage3"). No further progress on this installation mode yet.
Set the LCD display to the hostname
omconfig chassis frontpanel lcdindex=1 config=custom text=`hostname -s`
Read what's on the panel
omreport chassis frontpanel
- On the installation and configuration problems with IPMI and some common errors (mentions only installation on ESX, but is equally relevant to RHEL3/4):