gLExec is a program that acts as a light-weight 'gatekeeper'. gLExec takes Grid credentials as input. gLExec takes the local site policy into account to authenticate and authorize the credentials. gLExec will switch to a new execution sandbox and execute the given command as the switched identity. gLExec is also capable of functioning as a light-weight control point which offers a binary yes/no result called the logging-only mode.
Current gLExec version
The latest stable version released through gLite/EMI: 0.8.1-1.
Latest version available: 0.8.10
Deployment: Installation and setups
- gLExec on the Worker Nodes or Computing Element
- Deployment Scenarios in EGEE and OSG
- Secure installation considerations
- Debugging hints
How To's and FAQ
- To help you master gLExec's security:
- Need to Know's: Explains about the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in combo with setuid programs.
- Proxy file handling in gLExec What do all the environment variables do with proxy files
- GLExec TransientPilotJobs describes how you may go about managing a target workload's directory in Pilot Job Frameworks.
- GLExec Environment Wrap and Unwrap scripts describes how you can preserve the environment variables between the calling process of gLExec and the user switched side of gLExec. For example: to preserve the environment variables from a Pilot Job Framework, through gLExec and into Pilot Job Payload.
- Argus and SCAS node dd. June 2nd, 2010: quick guide on how to decide for either SCAS or Argus as the central service with gLExec.
- To help you adapt or rebuild gLExec:
- Building gLExec and its gLite dependencies from SVN source How to build gLExec and all its gLite dependencies directly from source.
- Building gLExec from src rpm How to build gLExec from a source RPM.
- EMI-1 gLExec release test report: This is the report describing the test performed for the software certification of the released components with gLExec.