Jump to navigation Jump to search
Below is a list of tools that can be useful to work remotely.
Access to internal services
- Use eduVPN (institute access) to securely connect to Nikhef's internal network. See eduVPN
- Use a remote desktop connection to connect to your Windows 10 desktop. See Remote Desktop on Windows 10
- SURFdrive can be used to share your documents between your devices (laptop, desktop, phone), but also with others. See SURFdrive
Audio / Video conferencing tools
- Video conferencing
- Zoom video conferencing
- Nikhef participates in a SURF pilot project for video calls. SURF videobellen is suitable for smaller groups. Instructions:
SECURITY WARNING: PHISHING
It is expected that hackers will try to exploit the current situation where many people will work remotely and start phishing attacks.
- It is not needed to register your account to work remotely. Nikhef (CT) will not send links to "activate" remote working.
- Do not respond to any mails you may get with links.
- You should only enter your Nikhef credentials at the SSO server
- Are you in doubt about an email or did you already enter your credentials at a suspicious site? Contact the Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.