End of Vidyo service per February 1, 2021
CERN will move in December 2020 to Zoom for its video conferences. CERN will stop providing the Vidyo service per February 1, 2021. As a result, Nikhef will also terminate the dial-in number per February 1, 2021.
More information: CERN announcement
Vidyo conferencing system
CERN provides Vidyo conferencing services for all their collaborating parties:
Vidyo allows users to make point-to-point calls or multipoint videoconference meetings from their desktop machines, tablets and smartphones, H323/SIP equipped meeting rooms and from traditional phone lines.
Please refer to Vidyo web pages from the CERN IT department.
The Polycom systems in rooms H128, H331 and H328 as well as the conference room in the DETR&D hallway can connect to the Vidyo gateway with either of these options:
- enter either vidyogw06.cern.ch or vidyogw.cern.ch in the dialing screen.
- Alternatively you can also enter the ip address 18.104.22.168 in the dialing screen.
2. Ann Arbor, MI, US
- enter cern-vidyo-gateway3.internet2.edu
- Alternatively you can also enter the ip address 22.214.171.124 in the dialing screen.
In case you want to dial into a Vidyo conference by regular phone:
- Dial extension: 2263 (from the outside: +31 (0)20 7165248)
- then enter your Vidyo room number. There is an open room from the Nikhef NLT1 with number 1093386772#.
Contact CT Helpdesk in case you need assistance.