NB: See also Meetingrooms & Equipment
Nikhef virtual conference rooms
NOTE: the virtual conference rooms are available until the end of December 2014.
We have a permanent reservation for two virtual conference rooms with a limitation of four participants per session.
The rooms are provided by a company called QConferencing.
Note: Contact the CT helpdesk at least two days in advance in case you want to schedule a conference with more than four participants or use the CERN Vydio conference system instead.
How to connect to the Nikhef virtual rooms from inside Nikhef.
On the PolyCom systems at Nikhef:
- Enter address: 184.108.40.206
- Then enter the conference code 922012# for room nikhef1 or 922013# for room nikhef2 (hint: press # first to enable the numerical keypad).
On an internal Nikhef phone (again max. 4 simultaneous connections):
- Dial number: 2262, followed by option 4, followed by 922012# for room nikhef1 or 922013# for room nikhef2
- [Alternative phone number: 010 7990304 for nikhef1 and 010 7990305 for nikhef2]
How to connect to the Nikhef virtual rooms from outside Nikhef.
H323 client (e.g. Polycom)
- Connect with IP address 220.127.116.11
- Enter conference code 922012 for room nikhef1 or 922013 for room nikhef2
Regular phone (again max. 4 simultaneous connections):
- Dial number: +31 (0)20 716 5293, followed by option 4, followed by 922012# for room nikhef1 or 922013# for room nikhef2
- [Alternative phone number in NL: 010 7990304 for nikhef1 and 010 7990305 for nikhef2]
- [Alternative phone number outside NL: +31 10 7990304 for nikhef1 and +31 10 7990305 for nikhef2]
Vidyo conferencing system.
CERN provides Vidyo conferencing services for all their collaborating parties:
Vidyo allows users to make point-to-point calls or multipoint videoconference meetings from their desktop machines, tablets and smartphones, H323/SIP equipped meeting rooms and from traditional phone lines.
Please refer to Vidyo web pages from the CERN IT department.
In case you want to dial into a Vidyo conference by regular phone:
- Dial extension: 2262 (from the outside: +31 (0)20 7165293), followed by option 4
- Then dial 922012# for room nikhef1 or 922013# for room nikhef2
Contact CT Helpdesk in case you need assistance.