From CT Wiki
Available WiFi networks:
The following wifi networks are broadcasted at Nikhef:
- this is the network which requires authentication with user name and password as provided by your home institute (e.g. Nikhef or any other home institute that supports eduroam)
- see the installation instructions to prepare your mobile device for Eduroam authentication.
- this is an alternative for the eduroam network at Nikhef if you want to avoid unwanted connections to the UvA and CWI eduroam wifi networks
- follow the eduroam installation instructions, select NIKHEF' instead of eduroam
- be sure that you give the NIKHEF network a higher priority than the eduroam network in your preferred wifi networks connections.
- you have to provide your credentials (username, password) only when you have modified your password. Note that occasionally you are requested to re-enter your name and password, if you do not have modified your password recently you may cancel this request.
- Amsterdam Science Park
- this is an open wifi connection that does not require registration (but it is required to accept the terms & conditions)
- this wifi connection has a limited bandwidth and limited duration for a session
- data is not encrypted via this connection; do not use for transmission of sensitive data (passwords, bank/credit card information)!
- most useful for short-term visitors
- this network is external to Nikhef; internal Nikhef services are not accessible from this wifi network.
Installation instructions for eduroam and NIKHEF networks.
For new users: contact helpdesk in case you need assistance to configure your network connection.
- Network name (ssid): eduroam or NIKHEF
- Security type: WPA/WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
WindowsEduroam Windows settings Contact the helpdesk if you have problems.NOTES:Contact helpdesk to configure eduroam for older versions of Windows (XP is not supported!).For Windows 10 the steps described in the above Windows 7 guide are largely the same, except after completion you have to remove the stored Wifi credentials, connect to the Wifi you have just configured and enter the credentials again when prompted.
Apple MacOSEduroam config voor Iphone, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 (contact helpdesk for older versions of MacOS 10.6, 10.5):
- Download and install the following profile eduroam_nikhef.mobileconfig. This profile is also valid for the NIKHEF wifi network.
- Network name (ssid): eduroam
- Your username should be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your password is your nikhef password.
LinuxWe cannot give a complete guide on how to connect to eduroam under Linux. You should use the following settings:
- Network name (ssid): eduroam
- Security: WPA2-enterprise
- EAP: TTLS
- outer identity: email@example.com
- phase2: PAP
- identity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- password: your nikhef sso password
- certificate : wireless.nikhef.nl
Xubuntu/UbuntuThe recipe written hereunder is based on our user's experience configuring Eduroam on Xubuntu running on MACbook Pro.
First of all, if you don't have it yet, download the certificate you're going to use : wireless.nikhef.nl
Third, restart your dhcpclient (sudo dhcpclient wlan0)
AndroidWe have created a Android App for installation of Eduroam on Android devices. It is available in the google playstore
You need to be connected to the internet to use the App. You can use 3G on your mobile phone or a temporary nikhef-guest account. You ony need to run the app once and it will create a wireless profile for you to login to eduroam.
Please use username.
We strongly recommend using this app to connect to Eduroam on Android. If you manually configure eduroam on Android you are susceptible to a man in the middle atacks and hackers could steal you Nikhef credentials.
The app creates a personal certificate for you on your android device which can be used to safely logon to eduroam without using your username.
This app has not been tested on all versions of Android and it might not work on older devices.
The certificate in the app has expired. Import this certificate wireless.nikhef.nl to replace it.
Eduroam web site: eduroam.nl