Within Nikhef, mobile telephones are used for communication. A desk phone is only used in exceptional cases. Desk phones are also being used as emergency telephones within Nikhef. These are intended for internal calls and of course in the event of calamities.
Can I get a desk phone?
If you think that you need a desk phone, please contact the helpdesk (helpdesk-at-nikhef.nl). Indicate in your request why you think you need a desk phone.
For users of a mobile phone within Nikhef, there is a choice between the Apple iPhone SE 2020 or the Fairphone 3+ for Android users. All information about mobile phones is collected on this page: https://wiki.nikhef.nl/ct/Mobile_phones
Can I get a Nikhef mobile phone?
Employees in one of the positions below are entitled to a Nikhef mobile phone. See also https://wiki.nikhef.nl/ct/images/9/9f/01._Regeling_mobiele_elektrnische_werkbedrijven_V3.1_DEF_20210301.pdf
- Employees in the technical and support departments of Nikhef with an indefinite contract at NWO-I;
- Employees in the technical and support departments of Nikhef with a fixed-term employment contract with NWO-I that has been entered into for a period of at least one year;
- Employees with a managerial position at Nikhef
- Nikhef academic staff with a permanent contract at NWO-I or one of the Nikhef partner universities;
- Nikhef academic staff with tenure track employment at NWO-I or one of the Nikhef partner universities;
Since the desk phones are not completely gone, you can check the links below for information and manuals about these desk phones.