Add information about other general network information.
Available WiFi networks
The following wifi networks are broadcasted at Nikhef:
- this is the network which requires authentication with user name and password as provided by your home institute (e.g. Nikhef or any other home institute that supports eduroam)
- see the installation instructions to prepare your mobile device for Eduroam authentication.
- this is an alternative for the eduroam network at Nikhef if you want to avoid unwanted connections to the UvA and CWI eduroam wifi networks
- follow the eduroam installation instructions, select NIKHEF' instead of eduroam
- be sure that you give the NIKHEF network a higher priority than the eduroam network in your preferred wifi networks connections.
- you have to provide your credentials (username, password) only when you have modified your password. Note that occasionally you are requested to re-enter your name and password, if you do not have modified your password recently you may cancel this request.
- Amsterdam Science Park
- this is an open wifi connection that does not require registration (but it is required to accept the terms & conditions)
- this wifi connection has a limited bandwidth and limited duration for a session
- data is not encrypted via this connection; do not use for transmission of sensitive data (passwords, bank/credit card information)!
- most useful for short-term visitors
- this network is external to Nikhef; internal Nikhef services are not accessible from this wifi network.
Click here to find the instructions for Windows: Configure eduroam and NIKHEF on Windows
Click here to find the instructions for macOS: Configure eduroam and NIKHEF on macOS
Click here to find the instructions for iOS: Configure eduroam and NIKHEF on iOS
Click here to find the instructions for Linux: Configure eduroam and NIKHEF on Linux
Click here to find the instructions for Android: Configure eduroam and NIKHEF on Android
Eduroam web site: eduroam.nl