Generating Higgs Events on the grid
A specific example
We'll describe here an example where we'll generate where you can pick your favorite Higgs mass and Z decay channel. This exercise also allows you to test the script on your local ATLAS setup. First make sure this runs before submitting 100's of jobs onto the grid.
The necessary (6) files
For each ATLAS job op the grid we'll need the following files:
- 1) A joboptions file for our Athena job joboptions_Higgs_BASIC.py
- (Here you specify the physics process and details of the output. In our case: Run pythia, atlfast and produce a CBNT output file)
- 2) A shell script that will run on the remote grid machine ShellScript_Higgs_BASIC.sh
- (The ATLAS settings will be set and the athena job will be started by this script)
- 3) A JDL file containing the names of all required input and output file jdl_Higgs_BASIC.jdl
- 4) A tar-ball with ATlas software AtlasStuff.tgz
To facilitate the handling of a large number of jobs we have added two more scripts
- 5) A script that produces all input files: Higgs_ShipOff_Everything.py
- 6) A general tool from Wouter to manage your jobs on the grid: gridmgr
On your local machine please download these files into a single directory.