This is the place where information about the ATHENA workshop will be made available. ATHENA is the control framework of ATLAS. It is based on Gaudi. nice. Getting started with ATHENA is quite difficult and one can easily get lost. not nice. The october workshop held at NIKHEF will provide a first introduction to ATHENA.
The aim of the workshop is:
- get familiar with CMT (Configuration Management Tool). This is the environment used to run ATHENA and maintain/develop its packages.
- introduce a beginner to ATHENA and its concepts such as Algorithms, Tools, DataStorage and the like
- explain the usage of python scripts (jobOptions) in order to steer ATHENA
- Excersise on a part of the ATHENA-chain: do reconstruction and analysis
Monday 23th October.
- introduction to CMT and environment set up.
- explaination directory structure
- requirement files
- handy tools of CMT (co, get_tag, etc)
- navigating through packages (CVS, LXR)
- introducing ATHENA and its most used abstract classes: Algorithms, Tools, TDS
- steering ATHENA with jobOptions python scripts
Tuesday 24th October.
- the RecExCommon package
- examples of reconstruction
- running over Raw Data Objects
- using different parts of the Detector/ different algorithms
- production of ESD/AOD/TAG objects
- if there's time: how to customize your reconstruction chain
Physics Analysis Tools (PAT)
 Wednesday 25th October.
- Event Selection
- Event Selection using TAG
- Event Selection using AAN
- Interactive Analysis in ATHENA
- TriggerAware Analyis
- Analysis with the EventView
- Analysis on the GRID
- DQ2 Tools
Of course, a lot of links can provide even more information on CMT, ATHENA, Reconstruction and PAT.